We’re on a mission to make investing better for everyone in Europe. More specifically, we’re making it light years better (sorry… we had to!). We’re combining multi-currency accounts with unlimited access to global markets so that everyone in Europe can invest without sneaky hidden fees or unnecessary barriers.
Over the last 2 years, we’ve grown from being just an idea to a regulated business in both the UK & the EU, launching in 22 countries and raising $35M along the way. And we’ve hired a team of 50+ people from some of the best fintechs and startups in Europe.
We’ve got a stellar group of investors behind us including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sir Richard Branson, Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Jaan Tallinn, Sten Tamkivi, Eileen Burbidge as well as a host of angel investors. In 2022, we raised a $25M Series A round and have been covered in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider and City AM.
What you will do
- Lead end-to-end research efforts and conduct mixed-method studies to guide product design, copywriting, and marketing decisions
- Prioritise research needs across various domains
- Conduct research and build out processes for cross-country studies - we currently operate in 22 countries and growing!
- Deliver actionable insights and cultivate strong relationships with stakeholders across the company to ground decisions on user needs and insights
- Contribute to building the research culture and practices at Lightyear
- Evangelise and activate research insights to evolve and enhance Lightyear’s understanding of user needs and identify opportunities to meet those needs
- Collaborate closely with our analytics team to make sure our qualitative insights are also enhanced by robust quantitative data whenever possible, and run some basic quantitative analysis yourself
- You have a BSc in social science, like sociology, psychology, human-computer interaction, anthropology or similar
- You have around 2+ years of experience as a researcher in a tech company
- You’ve got lots of hands-on experience with evaluative research methods, like usability testing
- You have excellent critical thinking skills and data literacy
- You've worked in a multidisciplinary team environment where you've conducted research and made a demonstrable impact on the direction of the product design and copy
- You appreciate rigorous research design while also taking into account practicalities, limitations, and business goals
- You’re a strong communicator and facilitator
- You’re a self-starter and can embrace a challenge – you don’t wait for others to tell you what to do before taking actions
- You’re familiar with quantitative research and data analytics and understand how research can help shape company- and team-level metrics
- You are passionate about finance and investing
💵 A competitive startup package including tax-advantaged EMI stock options that vest monthly after a one-year cliff
📍 Offices in central London (Old Street)
⏰ Flexible working hours
🏡 A flexible approach to working remotely
🏥 Private health insurance
👪 Enhanced parental leave
☕️ All the usual office facilities, including free tea, coffee & snacks
🐶 Dog-friendly office (20% distracting, but 100% cute: see here)
🛫 Quarterly international team events