We’re on a mission to make investing better for everyone in Europe. More specifically, we’re making it light years better (sorry… we had to!). We’re combining multi-currency accounts with unlimited access to global markets so that everyone in Europe can invest without sneaky hidden fees or unnecessary barriers.
Over the last 2 years, we’ve grown from being just an idea to a regulated business in both the UK & the EU, launching in 22 countries and raising $35M along the way. And we’ve hired a team of 50+ people from some of the best fintechs and startups in Europe.
We’ve got a stellar group of investors behind us including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sir Richard Branson, Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Jaan Tallinn, Sten Tamkivi, Eileen Burbidge as well as a host of angel investors. In 2022, we raised a $25M Series A round and have been covered in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider and City AM.
What you will do
You’ll be the first Hungarian Compliance Specialist to join our Customer Operations team, placing you in a unique position within an early-stage operations function and building things from scratch. Our KYC Specialists are responsible for ensuring we verify our customers as required, by handling tasks such as manually reviewing identity and residency documents as well as reviewing other risk indicators both during and after onboarding. On top of this, you’ll also handle Hungarian-language customer contacts.
Your decisions and actions will directly impact the customers and our product. You will work in a fast-paced, friendly and professional team with a lot of autonomy and little bureaucracy. You’ll have the freedom to share ideas and have a lasting impact on our organisation.
As we are an early-stage company, you’ll have the opportunity to engage in broader daily operational tasks across KYC, AML and risk-related spectrums, as well as roll your sleeves up to build new processes and launch new products. You will report to the Head of Compliance Operations.
- Analyse, review and evaluate our customers to fulfil internal KYC requirements;
- Liaise with customers on KYC and general Hungarian queries;
- Perform due diligence on our customers, incl. EDD, ODD and OEDD and sanctions, PEP and adverse media screening;
- Automate KYC processes by collaborating with our product engineering team and working with external partners.
2+ years of experience in a Compliance role within a regulated financial firm in the UK or EEA is a must.
- Defined compliance processes and workflows from scratch
- Worked cross functionally with legal, product and engineering teams
- Being proficient in SQL is not a must but is highly advantageous
- Exceptional written and spoken Hungarian and English. You’ll be chatting to our customers, partners and of course the rest of the team on a daily basis.
- An understanding of the investment world is great, but it’s not required. A willingness to learn about it is a must, though!
💵 A competitive startup package with stock options that vest monthly after a one-year cliff
📍 Brand new office in Tallinn (Kalamaja)
⏰ Flexible working hours
🏡 A flexible approach to working remotely
🏥 Private health insurance
☕️ All the usual office facilities, including free tea, coffee & snacks
🐶 Dog-friendly office (20% distracting, but 100% cute: see here)
🚲 Cycling or running to work? We’ve got showers, bike storage and lockers
🛫 Quarterly international team events