We’re on a mission to make investing better for everyone in Europe. More specifically, we’re making it light years better (sorry… we had to!). We’re combining multi-currency accounts with unlimited access to global markets so that everyone in Europe can invest without sneaky hidden fees or unnecessary barriers.
Over the last 2 years, we’ve grown from being just an idea to a regulated business in both the UK & the EU, launching in 22 countries and raising $35M along the way. And we’ve hired a team of 50+ people from some of the best fintechs and startups in Europe.
We’ve got a stellar group of investors behind us including Lightspeed Venture Partners, Sir Richard Branson, Mosaic Ventures, Taavet Hinrikus, Jaan Tallinn, Sten Tamkivi, Eileen Burbidge as well as a host of angel investors. In 2022, we raised a $25M Series A round and have been covered in CNBC, TechCrunch, Business Insider and City AM.
What you will do
As our first Localisation Manager, you will be responsible for building from scratch our localisation framework and will play a key role in the expansion of Lightyear. Your main goal will be to take us from an English-only product to a multilingual platform supporting 20+ languages.
- Develop and execute comprehensive localisation strategies for product and content across 22 European countries
- Implement and maintain robust quality assurance processes to ensure accuracy, consistency, and compliance of all localised content
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Product, Compliance and Operations, to integrate localised content seamlessly into the user experience
- Manage localisation budgets, schedules, and external vendors, ensuring optimal resource allocation and cost-effectiveness
- Analyse user feedback to continuously improve and optimise the localised content's impact and effectiveness
- 4+ years of localisation experience
- Vendor management experience, including managing vendor budgets and developing close partnerships with vendors and contractors
- Experience working with online translation software, computer-assisted translation (CAT) tools and translation management systems
- Outstanding project management skills across a varied set of responsibilities in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Demonstrated independence and autonomy in a high-performing work environment
- A highly analytical mindset, experienced in using data to inform localisation decisions
- Exceptional written and spoken English is a must. Any additional European languages are a big plus.
- An understanding of the investment world is great, but it’s not required. A willingness to learn about it is a must, though!
💵 A competitive startup package with stock options that vest monthly after a one-year cliff
📍 Brand new office in Tallinn (Kalamaja) or remote work from Tartu
⏰ Flexible working hours
🏡 A flexible approach to working remotely
🏥 Private health insurance
☕️ All the usual office facilities, including free tea, coffee & snacks
🐶 Dog-friendly office (20% distracting, but 100% cute: see here)
🚲 Cycling or running to work? We’ve got showers, bike storage and lockers
🛫 Quarterly international team events